I love virtual labs. I display them on the TV in my classroom to punctuate lectures, and assign make-up labs based on them. Some of my favorites are:
- http://www.latenitelabs.com/ (cost associated – try the FREE TRIAL PERIOD).
- www.OldManHonda.com (Bonus vocabulary games)
- http://www.hazelwood.k12.mo.us/~grichert/sciweb/applets.html (CD with worksheets to accompany these virtual labs available for a mimimal cost.)
- http://web.umr.edu/~gbert/links.html (Tutorials and simulations for Chemistry–this site also contains a number of interactive tutorials on introductory and advanced chemistry topics).
Modern Atomic Theory:
- Carnegie Mellon has a whole virtual lab that can be accessed on the web or by getting their free software. See http://ir.chem.cmu.edu/irproject/