ATSS STUDENTS have an opportunity to receive an award from a variety of scholarship programs.
An Explanation of the Different Types of Awards:
- Bursary: A bursary is a non-repayable monetary award based on financial need and reasonable academic standing as determined by the donor.
- Loan: A loan is a repayable monetary award based on financial need.
- Scholarship: A scholarship is a monetary award based on academic merit or excellence in an area to which the award pertains.
- Entrance Scholarship: An entrance scholarship is a scholarship available to students who are proceeding from Grade 12 to studies in a particular post-secondary institution.
- Admission Scholarship: An admission scholarship is a scholarship which is automatically awarded based on the student’s application for admission to the institution.
- The best chance at $$$ will come from the Abbotsford Foundation Community Scholarship and Bursary Program. Details are available in February of each year.
- Go here to view the ACF Student Awards Directory and application (Complete Online).
- Your application needs to be in the following order attached by a paperclip.
- 1) Awards Checklist (Choose a MAXIMUM of 10 Awards).
- 2) Application Form (Complete online and before you print).
- 3) Reference Letter.
- 4) Any other documentation or application.
- 5) Transcript.
The deadline for submission to Mr. A is usually in March. If you need help please ask.
Provincial Scholarship Programs
For more information click on the links below or go here for information on eligibility requirements and how to redeem a won award.
|Scholarship||Amount||Application Required||Vouchers Mailed|
|District/Authority||$1,250||Yes, through school/district||October|
|Pathway to Teacher Education||$5,000||Yes.||September|
The District/Authority Scholarships reward graduating students for excellence in their chosen field of interest or strength. These scholarships are intended to assist with tuition for post-secondary education.
The Ministry will allocate 5500 scholarships pro-rated to school districts and independent school authorities based on each district’s September 30th Grade 12 enrolment. The scholarship is a $1250 voucher that can be used toward post-secondary education tuition. Go here to learn how redeem your scholarship.
- This is a 100 Hour Project in either Fine Arts, Applied Skills, Creative Writing, Indigenous Languages and Culture (New), International Languages, Community Service, Physical Education, or Technical and Trades Training.
- Tuition vouchers will be mailed to the home address in late September or Early October.
- Tuition vouchers can be redeemed at many post-secondary institutions world-wide. Students can visit here to check if the school they want to attend is designated.
- Students have 5 years to redeem scholarship vouchers. The expiry date is on the voucher.
- For the Log Sheet go here.
- Please read the detailed information sheet here.
- To apply online go here.
- Deadline to apply is October 31.
- Adjudication date is in April every year.
- For more information see Mr. Abernethy or to read more from the Ministry of Education go here.
Governor General’s Academic Bronze Medal
University Entrance Scholarships
- BCIT Entrance Awards Deadline: January
- Kwantlen PolyTech University Deadline: April
- SFU ($3,500-$34,000): Deadline: February
- UBC Major Entrance Award: Deadline: December 1
- UBC Entrance Award: Deadline: December 1
- UFV Excellence Entrance Scholarship (31 awards @ $3000): Deadline: March
- UFV President’s Entrance Scholarship (4 awards @ $4000 x 4 years): Deadline: March
- UFV Trades Entrance Scholarship (3 Awards @ $2000): Deadline: March
- UVIC (Including $1000 Moving Expenses): Deadline: February
- University of Toronto National Book Award Deadline: November
Other Scholarships and Bursaries
- Scholar Tree: Scholarships Made Simple Various
- Student Aid BC Grants and Scholarships Various
- Basant Motors Scholarship $27,000 – October
- Bourse Loran Awards $100,000 (Nomination or Direct Pool) – October
- Horatio Alger Jim Pattison BC Scholarship Program $10,000 – October
- TD Scholarships for Community Leadership $70,000 – November
- Eaton Arrowsmith Bursary & Scholarship – December
- Vancouver Province/Subway Student Athlete Adversity Award $500 – December
- Stacey Levitt Memorial Award – December
- Wise Fund (Women in Sports) $900 – December
- Beedie Luminaries Scholarships $40,000 – January
- Burger King $1000 – January
- David C Lam/BC TEAL ESL Scholarship $2500 – January
- Herbert H. Carnegie Future Aces Foundation Scholarship $1000 – January
- Society of Punjabi Engineers and Technologists of BC $1000 – January
- Triumf Summer Research Awards (Physics) $3000 – January
- Cmolik Foundation Scholarship $35,000 (School Sponsors 2 Students) – February
- BCIC Young Innovators Scholarship $2000 – February
- BC Schools Superintendents Scholarships $500 & $1500 – February
- BCGEU Scholarships $3600 in Awards – February
- BCSTA Student Citizenship Award Grade 12’s $500 – February
- Terry Fox Humanitarian Award $7000 for 4 years – February
- RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program $4000 + Living Expenses – February
- Schulich Leader Scholarships $100,000 (One Student is Nominated by ATSS) – February
- BC Aviation Council $1000 – $5000 – March
- BC Hydro Pioneer Services Award $500 – March
- BC Soccer Association – March
- Canwest Internships for Students with Disabilities – March
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada 10 x $5000 – March
- Coast Capital Savings Citizenship Awards $2,000 – March
- Odenza Marketing Group Scholarship $500 – March
- Prospera Credit Union Educational Awards Program – March
- Remax Quest Bursary Program $1000 – March
- Trevor Linden Community Spirit Scholarship $2500 – March
- Triumf High School Fellowship $3000 – March
- Law Society Essay Contest $1000 – April
- Charlene Reaveley Children’s Charity Bursary – April
- BC Arts Council $6000 – April
- BC Hockey Scholarship $1000 – April
- BC Hydro Scholarship $1000 – April
- BC Technology Scholarship $1000 – April
- Envision Financial Education Award 16 $2000 Awards – April
- Keep Canada Green Online Scholarship Contest $2500 – April
- Retail BC Scholarships $1,000 – April
- ADTA Bursary (Students of ADTA Members) $1000 – April
- BC Aboriginal Student Award Up to $3500 – May
- BC School Sports Scholarships $250 – $1000 – May
- Janice Lee Blue Wave Bursary $700 – May
- Leavitt Machinery Scholarship $500 – May
- Overwaitea Diversity Scholarship $1000 – May
- APEG Engineering Scholarships $100-$2500 – June
- Gulf Islands Film and Television School – June
- Governer General’s Academic Medal Grade 12 Highest Overall Average
- South Asian Family Association Scholarships $1000 – June
- SOAR Scholarships $25,000 – July
Scholarships Open to Grades 10, 11, or 12
- BC Road Builders Betty Spalton Scholarship 2 Awards @ $1500 – July
House of Commons Page Program
- Salary of $12, 436 coordinated with your university schedule.
To view website go here.
Application deadline is in December.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation of BC
High School Summer Research Program for Grade 11 Students
Click below to download program details and application.
Deadline for Application is April