Application Deadline: December 6, 2019 (to be submitted to the school counsellor)
Junior Police Academy Dates: March 16-20, 2002
SEE MR. ABERNETHY FOR AN APPLICATION
If you are planning on a career in Law Enforcement or are wondering if that career is for you, APPLY FOR THE AWESOME APD JUNIOR POLICE ACADEMY.
In order to provide a realistic and successful Junior Police Academy, the application process is very competitive with a limited number of spots available. Eligible applicants must be able to attend and commit to every day of the Junior Police Academy and commit a full 50 hours to the program.
All eligible students are encouraged to apply. However, if you are unsure, unfit, uncommitted or just need something to do over Spring Break you will not be successful.
Successful applicants will undoubtedly be rewarded with many unique opportunities which will afford them greater insight should they choose to follow a Police career.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
- Abbotsford student attending grades 11/12.
- Able to pass physical fitness test.
- Able to pass criminal record check.
- Good academic standing.
- Interested in Policing as a Career.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- See Mr. Abernethy for an application – Application Deadline: Friday December 6, 2019
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
- Complete the application package as instructed.
- School District #34 students can submit completed application packages to their respective Career Facilitators.
- Other Independent School Students can submit completed application packages to the Community Police Office, 105-34194 Marshall Rd, Abbotsford BC, V2S 5E4 (Attn: Cst Dixon and Cst M Dyck).
- Complete a fitness test. (1.5 mile run & circuit).
- Complete an Interview at the Abbotsford Police Department.
- Background and reference checks.
Applicants may be rejected upon failure of any stage of the application process.